From 08/13/2018 to 09/11/2018
- 09:25 PM Bug #1978: Segmentation fault in examples/charm++/arraysection and cleanup
- Some things to clean up:
1. It doesn't compile on my Mac using GCC:...
- 09:18 PM Bug #1978 (Merged): Segmentation fault in examples/charm++/arraysection and cleanup
- Segmentation fault when the example in
charm++/arraysection is run.
On a different system setup it runs into an er...
- 09:15 PM Bug #1977 (Closed): Broadcast on a 2D array section segfaults
- Segmentation fault when a section created using 2D array elements is either used in creating a callback or used for b...
- 10:30 AM Bug #1976 (New): ci files with extensive code blocks result in incorrect line numbering in synta...
- unclear exactly what trips up the translator, but I've found the charmxi emitted line numbers for errors to be garbag...
- 12:14 AM Support #1761: Update GPU Manager Tracing API
- New patch using CUPTI Activity API: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/#/c/charm/+/4560/
- 01:41 PM Feature #1972: Tests/examples for non-threaded Charm++ programs using Isomalloc
- We also need to document the interface in the manual somewhere too, once we have tests and examples.
- 12:56 PM Bug #1975 (Merged): forced dynamic linking on Cray breaks build on Beagle
- 10:22 AM Feature #1742: Send large readonly variables using the Nocopy API to reduce memory footprint and ...
- This would be a good first use case for the zero copy broadcast API
- 06:08 PM Bug #1975 (In Progress): forced dynamic linking on Cray breaks build on Beagle
- 04:39 PM Bug #1975: forced dynamic linking on Cray breaks build on Beagle
- FYI, the workaround is "setenv PE_PKGCONFIG_LIBS cray-rca:$PE_PKGCONFIG_LIBS".
- 04:38 PM Bug #1975: forced dynamic linking on Cray breaks build on Beagle
- The dynamic linking failure on Beagle is an old fault with a known work-around from Blue Waters and Titan.
We still ...
- 04:38 PM Bug #1975: forced dynamic linking on Cray breaks build on Beagle
- Is adding @-lrca@ to the end of that @CMK_LIBS@ line sufficient to resolve the link failure?
- 04:16 PM Bug #1975 (Merged): forced dynamic linking on Cray breaks build on Beagle
- This change forces dynamic linking on Cray:
On Beagle at...
- 03:54 PM Support #1512: Measure test coverage
- Currently tracked over time here: http://charm.cs.illinois.edu/autobuild/coverage/rrdimages/
- 03:49 PM Feature #1974 (New): nocopy accelerated section multicast
- It should be possible to reduce the number of copies required to implement a section multicast.
Especially if the ...
- 03:13 PM Bug #1936: pose.decl.h is not found when using pose.h in the BigNetSim emulator
- BigNetSim should be deprecated as its functionality has been subsumed in Charades and Tracer.
- 02:29 PM Feature #1973 (New): GPU Messages
- Enable Charm++ to send RDMA-style messages to/from buffers on the GPU. Our initial plan is to use the RDMA syntax. Th...
- 03:15 PM Feature #1972 (New): Tests/examples for non-threaded Charm++ programs using Isomalloc
- https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/4472 adds support for arbitrary Isomalloc contexts. We should have tests and exa...
- 05:16 PM Bug #684: Isomalloc PUP has invalid read memory errors
- My initial suspicion after briefly looking at this is that it results from a logic error somewhere in the mempool's h...
- 05:11 PM Bug #684: Isomalloc PUP has invalid read memory errors
- For reference, the line at @CmiIsomallocBlockListPup (isomalloc.c:2661)@ when this issue was created is: @pup_bytes(p...
- 04:27 PM Feature #1971: Explore use of non-temporal stores in the RTS
- Interesting article on non-temporal stores: https://vgatherps.github.io/2018-09-02-nontemporal/
These could be use...
- 04:26 PM Feature #1971 (Closed): Explore use of non-temporal stores in the RTS
- Non-temporal stores could be a useful performance optimization for things like in-memory checkpoints and tracing, whe...
- 12:44 PM Bug #1970 (Merged): libmemory- broken without production on BGQ
- 10:08 PM Bug #1970 (Implemented): libmemory- broken without production on BGQ
- 03:33 PM Bug #1035: Idle PEs compete with comm thread for node queue lock
- Is there a reproducible test program that exhibits this issue, so that we can get someone working on this.
- 10:36 AM Feature #1425: Virtualization-aware AMPI collectives
- Some notes: Charm++ already has virtualization-aware broadcast and reductions that do process-level aggregation and u...
- 10:33 AM Bug #1155: AMPI's non-blocking collectives are not sequenced
- C++17's std::variant should make implementing support for sequencing/matching of non-blocking collective messages eas...
- 10:06 AM Feature #1386: ckDestroy for Groups and NodeGroups
- Jozsef's original email to the Charm mailing list was IIRC more interested in how to best free the memory associated ...
- 05:03 PM Feature #1386 (Rejected): ckDestroy for Groups and NodeGroups
- For @CProxy_MyChareArray array;@, calling @array.ckDestroy();@ only serves to broadcast a call to @ArrayElement::ckDe...
- 03:38 PM Bug #1970: libmemory- broken without production on BGQ
- This must have been exposed by https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/#/c/charm/+/4505/3/src/scripts/Makefile but I don...
- 11:25 PM Bug #1464 (Closed): CUDA example programs hang when run with 1 PE
- Does not appear in current build. May need to look at this if we ever use CUDA callbacks again, but closing for now.
- 11:23 PM Bug #1462 (Closed): Programs hang at startup with CUDA build
- No longer seeing the hangs/crashes.
- 11:15 AM Bug #1970 (Merged): libmemory- broken without production on BGQ
- The recent changes to how we build the various libmemory objects seems to have broken it....
- 01:29 PM Feature #1920: Make mempool aware of Isomalloc's per-slot metadata
- Yeah, this is a fundamental design flaw in the mempool, instead of an edge case that should be patched in. I've repea...
- 12:06 PM Bug #1542: CkArrayCreated callback should be part of CkArrayOptions
- Phil Miller wrote:
> We can add the new version of the API, and just map the existing implementation to setting the ...
- 11:23 AM Bug #1969 (Merged): Building some shared libraries fails on darwin
- 10:11 PM Bug #1969 (Implemented): Building some shared libraries fails on darwin
- Patch here: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/#/c/charm/+/4509/
- 09:23 PM Bug #1969 (Merged): Building some shared libraries fails on darwin
- When building Charm++ with shared libraries enabled on darwin, e.g.: ...
- 08:40 AM Bug #1968: Some libraries are built as shared libraries even without --build-shared
- That test is building a library as a shared object, it doesn't matter how AMPI is built. You should always be able to...
- 08:26 AM Bug #1968: Some libraries are built as shared libraries even without --build-shared
- Would it make sense to do this privatization test only when compiling with --build-shared?
- 07:43 AM Bug #1968: Some libraries are built as shared libraries even without --build-shared
- The AMPI privatization test is meant to be built as a shared object always, to test that privatizing global variables...
- 09:20 PM Bug #1968 (Merged): Some libraries are built as shared libraries even without --build-shared
- At least the following seem to be always built as shared libraries:
The following build s...
- 02:58 PM Feature #693 (Implemented): add CcdCallBacksReset() to header file (or improve callback frequency)
- 02:21 PM Feature #693: add CcdCallBacksReset() to header file (or improve callback frequency)
Discussed with Ronak and Eric B. Decided to expose a timing knob to user (instead of the reset header). The ...
- 09:04 PM Bug #1523 (Rejected): Verbs RDMA send fails on 0-byte sized message
- 08:57 PM Bug #1816 (Rejected): Cray CCE/8.5 builds are broken
- I don't think we care about supporting CCE <=v8.5
- 08:54 PM Feature #1920 (Rejected): Make mempool aware of Isomalloc's per-slot metadata
- Evan looked into this and said it would be a bit tricky to implement, and making Isomalloc not use the mempool seems ...
- 08:53 PM Bug #1887: Custom array indices segfault in CkVec inside of LB framework
- Please close this issue if it's not a real problem
- 08:47 PM Feature #1386: ckDestroy for Groups and NodeGroups
- Re-assigning to Evan since Quinoa was originally the motivation for this.
- 03:44 PM Cleanup #1948 (Merged): Rename Charm's graph.h to something less generic
- 02:29 PM Cleanup #1948 (Implemented): Rename Charm's graph.h to something less generic
- 03:44 PM Bug #1965 (Merged): LAMMPS on AMPI fails after migration due to AMPI not wrapping posix_memalign()
- 12:56 PM Bug #1965 (Implemented): LAMMPS on AMPI fails after migration due to AMPI not wrapping posix_mema...
The problem was that we did not wrap @posix_memalign@, which L...
- 03:02 PM Feature #1866: Update Boost ULTs to v1.67.0
- Updated to v1.68.0: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/#/c/charm/+/4496/
- 02:59 PM Cleanup #1967 (Merged): Section creation API should take its arguments as std::vector's instead o...
- 05:29 PM Bug #1949: Ensure that 'End of Program' message is printed consistently for every charm program e...
- Does this happen with and/or without Charmrun?
- 05:24 PM Bug #1954 (Merged): Verbs Init code hangs when it tries connecting an inactive device
- 04:41 PM Cleanup #1967 (Implemented): Section creation API should take its arguments as std::vector's inst...
- 12:26 PM Cleanup #1967: Section creation API should take its arguments as std::vector's instead of arrays
- Fixed memory leaks in example here: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/#/c/charm/+/4482/
- 12:11 PM Cleanup #1967 (Merged): Section creation API should take its arguments as std::vector's instead o...
- The API currently takes several C-style arrays, but could be cleaned up to take std::vector's instead (or as well, ca...
- 01:29 PM Bug #1966 (New): ofi non smp fails when #PUs > #cores
- Get this error with a 128 cpus per task, 1 task per node batch file AND with a 128 task per node, 1 cpus per task bat...
- 02:54 PM Bug #1965 (Merged): LAMMPS on AMPI fails after migration due to AMPI not wrapping posix_memalign()
- The application's data stuructures appear to be corrupted after migrating when using -memory isomalloc, though the is...
- 11:07 AM Feature #1446 (Merged): AMPI support for generalized requests
- 05:48 PM Bug #1954 (Implemented): Verbs Init code hangs when it tries connecting an inactive device
- 02:44 PM Feature #1964 (New): Enable +isomalloc_sync by default for AMPI
- If running an AMPI application, it's often necessary to pass the runtime option '+isomalloc_sync' to ensure correctne...
- 12:28 PM Feature #177 (Merged): objid_t: load balancing infrastructure should use objid_t
Also available in: Atom