From 07/24/2016 to 08/22/2016
- 06:42 PM Revision 36981ea3 (charm): resolving inheritance problem
- Change-Id: Ib8a2ea84fba412ebe50717de052da1d601403911
- 06:02 PM Feature #1116 (In Progress): AMPI broadcasts should be [nokeep]
- 04:20 PM Bug #1169: Command line argument +balancer for multiple balancers does not work
- The TCharm/AMPI option '+vp' is also supposed to be accepted multiple times (in the case of running multiple modules).
- 04:08 PM Revision 5c763797 (charm): updating charm tests
- Change-Id: I065f047dc6708c19d7abc931a4a15988c44a7998
- 04:05 PM Revision f524bdb0 (charm): adding auto delegation for all constructors
- Change-Id: If0be70c281e01d89d32e0820207f0f7dd45e16c1
- 03:50 PM Projections Bug #1170 (Merged): Avoid loading log files beyond what is specified in .sts file
- Currently, when logs numbered beyond the number specified in the sts file exist in a folder, Projections attempts to ...
- 01:58 PM Revision baae76cd (charm): Add User Stats to tracing framework
- Change-Id: I472efc13d90968d91383c95d76791984a7b45887
- 11:15 AM Revision ad3eb5c5 (charm): moved push to after pull atomic load
- Change-Id: I87ec60af3f0464897af699fcf14c932015f0b6ee
- 10:42 AM Revision 33735004 (charm): get push value in cas loop to prevent infinite loop
- Change-Id: I94d08e19fe8a74152486a8a2863af56d85dd863d
- 10:40 AM Revision 55711722 (charm): DDT cleanup: mark accessor routines as const
- Change-Id: I5ff28774094dbd77a5c1b93c9ecf0b5a95e05548
- 10:33 AM Revision 1d2b1e97 (charm): fix to broken queue
- Change-Id: I746c857fedc2d372602f79a22b77797003a94c96
- 10:16 AM Revision 881633d4 (charm): pcqueue test2
- Change-Id: I063cc76d40959137d1a7b2118a9bfdc0eb9f3922
- 10:01 AM Feature #921 (In Progress): Entry tag [inline] is unable to optimize away most of the overhead
- 09:59 AM Revision 909b4a90 (charm): pcqueue test
- Change-Id: I67a673a7189cebb70fb841a2872da713405dee43
- 09:57 AM Bug #1168 (Implemented): Test that number of PEs running actually matches expectations (often an ...
- 09:47 AM Bug #1145 (Merged): PathHistory breaks chkpt test on multicore-linux64
- 07:42 AM Revision 5c2f6e6d (charm): Rdma support for pamilrts machine layer
- Change-Id: I825bbf7d1ddc9f5460f8ae3ebaa66d5b4fbde78a
- 07:42 AM Revision 955b85c5 (charm): Rdma API at the Lrts layer
- Change-Id: I36a90b305eea0450f1620702636ee938c3afde96
- 07:41 AM Revision e102379b (charm): Rdma support at the generic layer
- Changes include:
Charmxi changes for supporting rdma parameter
Charm and converse support for rdma parameters
- 07:37 PM Feature #1107 (Merged): Use built-in reducer types for basic types/operations in AMPI
- 04:00 PM Revision 33dec52a (charm): AMPI #1107: use Charm++ built-in reducer types in AMPI
- Change-Id: Ic9f081bf455e3211333edb8dc2d8949e16dda999
- 03:47 PM Bug #1084 (Merged): Eliminate extra copies in AMPI reduce/gather(v) receive paths
- 01:55 PM Revision 8b8b8aaa (charm): AMPI #1084: eliminate extra copies in reduction/gather recv paths
- The old control flow for reduction recv's was: reduceResult -> sendraw
-> generic -> inorder -> receive.
The new con...
- 07:13 PM Revision 7525b31d (charm): Documentation: update personnel listing in manual credits
- Change-Id: I1bf37ed7fadf4fa8bc9f2485560be56e1ee31288
- 01:34 PM Revision 96eb2b4f (charm): Rdma support at the generic layer
- Changes include:
Charmxi changes for supporting rdma parameter
Charm and converse support for rdma parameters
- 12:00 PM Bug #1084: Eliminate extra copies in AMPI reduce/gather(v) receive paths
- I think the issue here might actually a bug in AMPI_Wait(all) and BigSim that manifests as a failure in the reduction...
- 10:49 AM Bug #1169 (Merged): Command line argument +balancer for multiple balancers does not work
- Specifying the command line argument +balancer multiple times, to allow different balancers to be called in subsequen...
- 09:18 PM Revision ae25c548 (charm): fixes
- Change-Id: I4a76ffffb67f8472169ab87888e46c3f7579074c
- 09:04 PM Revision 15ad4f34 (charm): build fix
- Change-Id: Ia03fdabb8e7a50102ef925314f13911d42804070
- 07:37 PM Revision e13e3c32 (charm): fixed wrap, changed pool queues to mpmc
- Change-Id: Ic6d18068113a9f38cdb535469c423e29436576c6
- 05:42 PM Bug #1149: Cray CC builds are broken
- I'm also getting this trying to build with Cray compilers:...
- 05:37 PM Bug #1149: Cray CC builds are broken
- Talk to Phil if you need specifics now but there are a couple patches related to this in gerrit review (authored by h...
- 05:30 PM Bug #1149: Cray CC builds are broken
- Sitting with someone from Cray now. Is there a reason this isn't committed yet?
- 02:33 PM Bug #1168 (Merged): Test that number of PEs running actually matches expectations (often an issue...
- On mpi-win64 from autobuild:...
- 02:15 PM Support #1167: Scripted tests for all mini-apps
- 02:12 PM Support #1167 (New): Scripted tests for all mini-apps
- Enable automatic testing of the various mini-appls that don't live as examples/tests in side the main Charm++ repository
- 04:56 PM Bug #1161 (Resolved): charm-6.7.1.tar.gz untars to charm
- 04:56 PM Bug #1161 (Merged): charm-6.7.1.tar.gz untars to charm
- I changed it to untar to a directory named 'charm-6.7.1'
- 04:46 PM Bug #1166 (Rejected): pathHistoryManager doesn't PUP
- 02:00 PM Bug #1166: pathHistoryManager doesn't PUP
- Things work with the latest version. Sorry for not checking this first.
- 01:33 PM Bug #1166: pathHistoryManager doesn't PUP
- Do you still see problems on current master, since the following commit was merged? https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/ger...
- 07:14 PM Bug #1166 (Rejected): pathHistoryManager doesn't PUP
- Commit b240e238385ba2d0aa08748880b3b34ce59d03a2
Author: Yanhua Sun <email@example.com>
Date: Mon Nov 2 11:21:03 ...
- 04:37 PM Bug #1084: Eliminate extra copies in AMPI reduce/gather(v) receive paths
- I can reproduce it on 1 PE with the examples/ampi/creduce program, which is just one MPI_Reduce followed by one MPI_I...
- 01:45 PM Bug #1084: Eliminate extra copies in AMPI reduce/gather(v) receive paths
- Can you reduce that test case further? Fewer PEs? One PE? Fewer VPs?
- 01:19 PM Bug #1084: Eliminate extra copies in AMPI reduce/gather(v) receive paths
- This patch is now held up because it breaks BigSim, with aborts for recv'ing unexpected reductions in ampi::rednResul...
- 02:10 PM Feature #882 (Merged): Change type to indicate non-participation in reductions
- 11:36 AM Revision 8ad86556 (charm): adding default branching factor
- Change-Id: Ibc818612bfd30c77c713341fbfc097209026a624
- 04:06 PM Feature #1164 (Implemented): AMPI support for MPI-3's request-based RMA routines
- Initial support, without creating actual requests and without using true RDMA, is here: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu...
- 11:40 AM Feature #1164 (Merged): AMPI support for MPI-3's request-based RMA routines
- MPI-3 added request-based RMA routines Rput, Rget, Raccumulate, and Rget_accumulate. They are analogous to the two-si...
- 02:20 PM Revision 3cb576a4 (charm): Redmine #882: Change type to indicate non-participation in reductions
- Non-participation in reductions is now indicated by the 'nop'
reducer type, and empty contributes are now implemented...
- 01:13 PM Bug #1165 (Resolved): avoid -lm with Intel compiler
- It is advised to not explicitly link to -lm with the Intel compiler as this may override the faster Intel math librar...
- 10:55 AM Feature #882 (Implemented): Change type to indicate non-participation in reductions
- Patch here: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/#/c/1800/
- 04:20 PM Revision 2805b6af (charm): Update personnel listing in README
- Change-Id: I6a6551c2bbcb2a9aac5100b650c98bc5c5927418
- 03:33 PM Revision b85acf67 (charm): adding branching factor for each section
- Change-Id: I2229a27206a6a7fef193759111451380e89c1e6f
- 02:55 PM Revision be4d836e (charm): AMPI: make error message about MPI_Init failures more informative
- Change-Id: Ic20ada620a7afa8ff7e1da0fd4cc8cf0be20abaf
- 02:53 PM Bug #1163 (Merged): AMPI_Put should use targdisp from creation
- MPI_Put takes a targdisp parameter, but at the remote window the displacement used should be the one that was specifi...
- 02:51 PM Bug #1110 (Merged): Cray builds break if explicitly passed compilers
- 02:50 PM Bug #1096 (Rejected): PGI CC builds fail to find C++11 flags
- This issue doesn't happen on BlueWaters with PGI CC 16.3.0.
- 01:51 PM Revision b8bbf894 (charm): AMPI cleanup: simplify AmpiRequest (i)test routines
- Change-Id: Ib00af763aacf7b7e612e778a2b93dba4ed630459
- 01:50 PM Revision 1236c31e (charm): AMPI cleanup: remove useless variables in DDT usage
- Change-Id: Ib33a6752bef2ba8e8c870086cb8db30220d65141
- 01:50 PM Revision ff2590d9 (charm): AMPI: add no-op implementations of MPI-3's Comm/Win info routines
- Change-Id: If2f7af03c0393eac8e38c4979b26aff3dc141c8b
- 05:35 PM Bug #1162: tracing runs segfault while writing logs
- I'm consistently seeing segfaults or, most informatively, free(): invalid pointer, at the end of smp tracing runs on ...
- 04:59 PM Bug #1162 (Closed): tracing runs segfault while writing logs
- 02:13 PM Bug #1161 (Closed): charm-6.7.1.tar.gz untars to charm
- The file distrib/charm-6.7.1.tar.gz file untars to the directory charm, which is not what the user would expect.
- 05:34 PM Bug #1159 (Implemented): AMPI should check for truncated messages
- For now, just abort on recv'ing a message larger than the matching recvbuf from ampi::processMessage. the mpich-test/...
- 02:15 PM Bug #1160 (Merged): AMPI intercommunicator creation is broken
- All of the tests in tests/ampi/mpich-test/context/ for intercommunicator creation and duplication are currently broke...
- 04:51 PM Revision 8ce70e0b (charm): Improve wording and placement of queueing strategy example descriptions
- Change-Id: I9ba99f50ceb2b1ec3336d4486c106e451d8a50c7
- 08:41 AM Bug #1038: Add support for srun to charmrun script for gni layer
- Now the error is this:...
- 10:55 AM Bug #1159 (In Progress): AMPI should check for truncated messages
- tests/ampi/mpich-test/pt2pt/trunc fails because AMPI doesn't check for truncation on recv at all right now.
Add a ch...
- 10:00 AM Feature #1105: AMPI support for large counts
- Support for large counts in DDT and all MPI-3 large count APIs except get_true_extent_x: https://charm.cs.illinois.ed...
- 09:30 AM Bug #1149: Cray CC builds are broken
- Improve configure test for 128-bit integers so that it fails correctly for CCE: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/...
- 09:26 AM Bug #1038: Add support for srun to charmrun script for gni layer
- 09:21 AM Bug #1143 (Merged): AMPI's Hindexed datatype is broken
- 09:19 AM Bug #1110: Cray builds break if explicitly passed compilers
- Follow up patches:
- 12:32 AM Revision a64f3741 (charm): build on cray #1110: only object to specified compilers, not all other...
- Change-Id: I4b9aae9d8ee6c5ca0f6ad748577f3d68f41495c0
- 11:08 PM Revision f81c4e53 (charm): AMPI: fix linking error in earlier MPI_BOTTOM support
- Change-Id: If6e9bf200b7cbd7b564beb93bed07e081422ab5a
- 11:02 PM Bug #1153 (Merged): MPI_BOTTOM support in AMPI communication routines
- 11:01 PM Bug #1157 (In Progress): DDT support for MPI_BOTTOM with derived datatypes
- 10:09 PM Revision cc0be5ea (charm): AMPI #1153: support MPI_BOTTOM's use in communication routines
- Change-Id: Ib588d5773baf9725cba54cd1a180f4c63be32458
- 09:40 PM Revision 292b7d3c (charm): Bug #1038: Check for srun in batch submission
- Change-Id: I407c013bee7949f4a2c3ac99f4fba11b21048784
- 05:21 PM Revision 8028bb66 (charm): AMPI: support for explicitly changing bounds and MPI_Type_create_resized
- Change-Id: Ia7b6cc10863f12e55927cf289e20fe168c607692
- 03:56 PM Revision d0ef65ee (charm): Explicitly set +p for all test runs that didn't specify it
- Change-Id: Ie865ae9d08ad4ea0ddcae24998558a84e7f4627d
- 03:46 PM Revision fdc036f7 (charm): Fix some indentation in new code
- 03:46 PM Revision f234e2c3 (charm): verbs: fix thread binding code to compile
- 03:38 PM Revision 3036faa1 (charm): Allow Central and Distributed LBs when calling multiple balancers
- 02:57 PM Revision 9e138553 (charm): Packetization code for large messages
- Change-Id: I7ed8c9a2137344fd46f492447f848daa2bb0b82f
- 09:31 AM Feature #982 (Merged): Gather reduction operation using Tuple/Set reducers
- Closing this now since there is an open issue for the documentation, #1140.
- 06:00 PM Revision 7d932db3 (charm): build #1110: Fix earlier patch that broke non-default compilers on non...
- Change-Id: Icdae2d15649e1dd71099145a7d765f54bc20b822
- 04:41 PM Feature #896: AMPI support for compiler-automated static variable privatization
- We should get into contact with Intel's compiler people about this
- 04:24 PM Bug #1110 (In Progress): Cray builds break if explicitly passed compilers
- 02:00 PM Bug #1110 (Merged): Cray builds break if explicitly passed compilers
- 03:12 PM Feature #1158 (New): AMPI scatter(v) performance is poor
- This is a performance bug: we currently do the naive method of sending 'p' individual messages from the root to the '...
- 02:55 PM Bug #1157 (Merged): DDT support for MPI_BOTTOM with derived datatypes
- This change adds support for using MPI_BOTTOM in AMPI communication routines: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/#/...
- 01:57 PM Bug #833: mpi smp build is locked to one core per node by default
- I sort of agreed with Eric to wait until hwloc changes are finalized, since this is going to bring changes to cputopo...
- 01:39 PM Bug #833: mpi smp build is locked to one core per node by default
- Bump: this has been stuck in gerrit since March
- 01:55 PM Revision cfdff443 (charm): Preserve sequence of -Wl,--start-group and -Wl,--end-group with libraries
- after object files in link command line. Applies to any -Wl,... option.
- 01:54 PM Bug #1152 (Merged): examples/charm++/namespace/Makefile: missing dependencies
- 01:35 PM Bug #1042 (Merged): verbs layer runs out of memory regions and segfaults
- 01:34 PM Cleanup #197 (In Progress): Replace use of signal() with sigaction()
- This has been sitting in review since December, please address the comments and get it merged: https://charm.cs.illin...
- 01:30 PM Revision 26235ceb (charm): Bug #1110: Cray builds break if explicitly passed compiler
- On Cray systems, passing explicit compiler options to ./build lead to
build errors. It's because Cray systems provide...
- 01:22 PM Revision 5d7d4ee5 (charm): Cleanup: eliminate compiler warnings about reordering constructor argu...
- Change-Id: Ic49dc178704ff0665db35233fa7bad750558e853
- 01:20 PM Revision 6150bebd (charm): Bug #1152: Fixed missing dependencies in examples/charm++/namespace/Ma...
- Change-Id: I64f14d084e2f42f68ab1d6cc1cfee5ff9835a4a8
- 01:11 PM Documentation #1156 (In Progress): Add example showing refnum's on callbacks
- 10:35 PM Documentation #1156 (Merged): Add example showing refnum's on callbacks
- Jonathan Lifflander emailed the [ppl] mailing list with a suggestion to add this example, as well as the code itself....
- 09:36 PM Cleanup #798: Add tests and documentation for sparse-array bulk construction
- For ease of cross-reference: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/879
- 08:05 PM Bug #1155 (New): AMPI's non-blocking collectives are not sequenced
- AMPI's non-blocking collectives should be sequenced/ordered just like non-blocking pt2pt messages are.
- 06:35 PM Revision 16b2cd74 (charm): verbs layer: increase blocking ratio for small segments, and be more i...
- Change-Id: I1325ea6d27b516b39ff82ceda0c3209fd0b4ebe3
- 03:48 PM Bug #1153 (Implemented): MPI_BOTTOM support in AMPI communication routines
- 02:58 PM Bug #1153 (Merged): MPI_BOTTOM support in AMPI communication routines
- AMPI defines MPI_BOTTOM but does nothing to support its use in communication operations.
- 03:07 PM Bug #1147 (Merged): pathHistory.C fails to build on Windows
- 02:59 PM Bug #1150 (Implemented): Specialize pup for std::vector to vector<bool>
- 02:59 PM Bug #1152 (Implemented): examples/charm++/namespace/Makefile: missing dependencies
- 11:40 AM Feature #984 (Implemented): AMPI support for missing MPI-3 non-blocking collectives
- 11:37 AM Feature #1018 (Implemented): AMPI support for MPI-3's distributed graph interface
- 10:30 PM Revision c0f5521c (charm): Merge branch 'hwloc' of charmgit:charm into hwloc
- 10:29 PM Revision 2735f181 (charm): when no new style (++numHosts and ++processPer* and ++oneWthPer*) comm...
- Change-Id: Idd8627da0a1f591314c2d17d9c88048217f12d77
- 06:50 PM Bug #1152 (Merged): examples/charm++/namespace/Makefile: missing dependencies
- 12:28 PM Cleanup #1151 (Merged): Eliminate AMPI ROMIO compiler warnings
- The ROMIO on AMPI build is full of these warnings:...
- 09:46 PM Bug #1110 (Feedback): Cray builds break if explicitly passed compilers
- 06:21 PM Bug #1145 (Implemented): PathHistory breaks chkpt test on multicore-linux64
There will still be an incompatibility between checkpoint/restart and cri...
- 06:19 PM Revision fd80c5ef (charm): Bug #1145 - Critical path history: only instantiate object when #ifdef...
- Change-Id: I1003a7590425049385a8126bfdd5ea7cd035f110
- 04:02 PM Bug #1147 (In Progress): pathHistory.C fails to build on Windows
- Linked patch merged. We'll see if more are needed.
- 02:47 PM Revision 2bd4688d (charm): verbs: bolt in support for hwloc-driven process/thread launching
- Change-Id: Ib115861f9c63eaecd563c6e5fab6bc626ae0c0c0
- 02:21 PM Bug #1150 (Merged): Specialize pup for std::vector to vector<bool>
- > I get a compiler warning "taking address of temporary" when I pup a std::vector<bool>. There is no warning when I ...
- 02:15 PM Revision d1854fe2 (charm): Bug #1147: Fix path history build failure on MSVC
- Change-Id: Ic41d29da38825eaf58f76943d407b6ff4ef98f3a
- 12:50 AM Cleanup #1034: Constant comparison warnings from xlC compiler
- Can you write down some details of the environment where you found this bug? I tried to build charm++ on ANL Mira(BG/...
- 04:43 PM Bug #1110 (Upstream): Cray builds break if explicitly passed compilers
- 02:30 PM Revision 733a00e4 (charm): Set*Cost() had been removed in previous commit. Adding them back.
- 10:40 PM Revision 900cbfbc (charm): add more error checking about ++processPerPU
- Change-Id: Ifb893ce9302f09ff3d19376170f682443b750411
- 01:51 PM Bug #1149: Cray CC builds are broken
- Even with that patch to configure, I still get consistent but inscrutable build failures in early object files, while...
- 01:49 PM Bug #1149: Cray CC builds are broken
- For the @int128_t@ crap, this is easier and cleaner:...
- 12:40 AM Revision bdbc8f27 (charm): add case for ++processPerPU and ++oneWthPerPU
- Change-Id: I044a296fece22abaf6c2b6b816da0cacd79f6828
- 12:35 AM Revision c6e49e57 (charm): calling cpu_binding to main thread seems to change binding to all thre...
- Workaround this issue by first calling on rank 0, and then rest threads.
- 10:29 PM Revision de406bd7 (charm): a bug that can cause multiple attempts of bindings with ++processPerHost
- Change-Id: I8224009a59ae51fd64fa0ff954178552a1ede755
- 10:23 PM Revision c4f2dfdc (charm): handle ++processPerSocket 1 ++oneWthPerSocket
- Change-Id: Ib408fc503ab94b2159d65266b6215f0e8e2cf5cb
- 04:45 PM Revision c0a12aae (charm): SSEDouble class: check for "__AVX__" instead of "__FMA4__".
- Change-Id: Idf92587a3c5320bc6d69027439c190f5b1ae7f1b
- 09:45 AM Bug #1143: AMPI's Hindexed datatype is broken
- Patch set #6 fixes most of these tests, the exceptions are listed below: http://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/#/c/1321...
- 09:40 AM Feature #947: AMPI support for MPI-2's MPI_Type_* routines
- MPI_Type_create_resized: http://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/#/c/1321/
- 09:29 AM Bug #1149: Cray CC builds are broken
- Cray CC 8.5 doesn't build even with the warnings turned off. Nikhil found a hack to make it work:
Also available in: Atom