From 02/18/2019 to 03/19/2019
- 11:40 AM Bug #1957: Out of bounds std::vector accesses in NDMeshStreamer
- Here is a patch for debugging that adds some printf tracing of the index value that goes out of bounds.
- 04:53 PM Documentation #1777 (Merged): Document message types in Charm's message hander (_processHandler i...
- 11:59 AM Feature #2053 (Implemented): Avoid receiver side copy for zero-copy broadcast by allowing receive...
- Gerrit: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/c/charm/+/4943/
- 11:22 AM Bug #1957: Out of bounds std::vector accesses in NDMeshStreamer
- Reassigning this since it appears to be a logic error in NDMeshStreamer.
- 09:15 PM Bug #2059: Inconsistent CPU affinity options for running SMP programs
- The verbs builds should *not* report running mpi.
- 09:04 PM Bug #2059: Inconsistent CPU affinity options for running SMP programs
- You need to at least show the options with which you submitted the job, since mpirun often picks up environment varia...
- 05:59 PM Bug #2030 (In Progress): tests/ampi/megampi sometimes fails on mpi-win-x86_64-smp
- 05:58 PM Bug #2030: tests/ampi/megampi sometimes fails on mpi-win-x86_64-smp
- I ran megampi on Windows with a Microsoft tool called "Application Verifier":https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...
- 03:00 PM Bug #2030: tests/ampi/megampi sometimes fails on mpi-win-x86_64-smp
- Can you post the tsan output here?
- 02:32 PM Bug #2030: tests/ampi/megampi sometimes fails on mpi-win-x86_64-smp
- I tried running megampi on Linux with ThreadSanitizer and the list of data races was substantial. Some of them look l...
- 03:45 PM Bug #2059: Inconsistent CPU affinity options for running SMP programs
- I'm wondering if this is a regression from the introduction of hwloc.
- 11:27 AM Bug #2059 (New): Inconsistent CPU affinity options for running SMP programs
- It seems to me that on different machines (and different allocations/partitions), to get Charm++ SMP threads to be pi...
- 03:36 PM Bug #1949: Ensure that 'End of Program' message is printed consistently for every charm program e...
- This sounds similar to https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/c/charm/+/913
- 12:45 PM Bug #1957: Out of bounds std::vector accesses in NDMeshStreamer
- Updating this issue to reflect its general nature as opposed to being Windows-specific.
The bug can be reproduced ...
- 09:59 AM Bug #1671: Verbs memory pool may leak pinned memory when message is deleted on a PE different fro...
- I will try to reproduce this issue with a simple example.
- 09:53 AM Documentation #1777 (Implemented): Document message types in Charm's message hander (_processHand...
- Gerrit: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/c/charm/+/5022
- 04:27 PM Bug #1688: Core Dump file not available unless `--disable-charmdebug` is used while building.
- I agree, it's not clear why Cmi_truecrash is not enabled by default. It could have been for terminating gracefully be...
- 02:24 PM Bug #1688: Core Dump file not available unless `--disable-charmdebug` is used while building.
- Does anyone know why @Cmi_truecrash = 0;@ is the default -- or implemented at all? Why should crashes be hidden from ...
- 02:47 PM Feature #1974: nocopy accelerated section multicast
- From Core Meeting on 14th March:
Raghavendra, Nitin, and Juan should discuss this feature and estimate the effort i...
- 02:44 PM Feature #1040: support multiple InfiniBand cards per node
- Jim Phillips wrote:
> Charm++ currently attaches to the first interface of the first card it finds.
After this ch...
- 02:40 PM Feature #1987: Take advantage of streamable reductions inside CkMulticast
- raghavendra, pleased pay attention to this during this week.
- 02:30 PM Bug #1940: Singleton chare and nodegroup creation hangs with randomized queues in SMP mode
- Michael, make at least some update (test with a simple program on a couple of machines) by next week.
- 02:18 PM Bug #1957 (In Progress): Out of bounds std::vector accesses in NDMeshStreamer
- 02:15 PM Bug #2031: pamilrts-bluegeneq occasionally hangs randomly in autobuild
- This bug should be reassigned to a PPL member with BG/Q access
- 02:08 PM Feature #2058 (In Progress): Finish work on newLB branch and merge with master
- 01:24 PM Feature #2058 (In Progress): Finish work on newLB branch and merge with master
- Currently tracking tasks here:
- 11:52 AM Cleanup #2057 (New): Revise agreement to cover github distribution and license to address all com...
- Usage of Charm++ in a commercial context in a non-distributed, or purely internal, use case should be explicitly cons...
- 03:20 PM Bug #1957: Out of bounds std::vector accesses in NDMeshStreamer
- Running the @streamingAllToAll@ test case on Linux with ASan also exposes these issues, and printf traces of the valu...
- 02:31 PM Bug #1957: Out of bounds std::vector accesses in NDMeshStreamer
- This problem is caused by indexing -1 into a vector....
- 11:11 AM Bug #2030: tests/ampi/megampi sometimes fails on mpi-win-x86_64-smp
- I managed to catch this crash in Visual Studio's debugger. @ampi::getRank()@ is called with @this@ pointing to garbag...
- 01:34 PM Bug #2056: AMPI ROMIO build error
- We've let the user know about @MPI_LIB@ and are awaiting feedback.
- 10:40 AM Bug #2056: AMPI ROMIO build error
- Does the user have an "MPI_LIB" environment variable set when building AMPI? This variable should be unset before bui...
- 10:20 AM Bug #2056 (New): AMPI ROMIO build error
- After an AMPI user updated from an older version of AMPI they are now getting this error:...
- 02:43 PM Cleanup #2054 (New): Improve error message for unregistered chares/entry methods for when a modul...
- The current error message says something about templated entry methods not being registered, but it should also menti...
- 02:38 PM Feature #1973: GPU Messages
- Potentially split this into two/three tasks:
1. GPU-GPU on node
2. GPU-GPU off node
3. CPU-GPU off node
- 02:20 PM Support #2041: charmrun with mpirun instead of srun?
- Thank you for the feedback! Please accept my apologies for the delay, as I have been swamped with travel and with phy...
- 01:59 PM Support #2041 (Feedback): charmrun with mpirun instead of srun?
- Awaiting feedback from Geoffrey.
- 03:43 PM Cleanup #617 (Rejected): Rename windows commands to not reference Windows NT
- Seems like an unnecessary change, rejected (but feel free to over-ride if you have strong opinions on this...)
Also available in: Atom