Integration of OFI layer implemented by Intel. Test and make it work on the Cisco cluster.
The initial patch from the integration is here: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/#/c/1047/
It currently does not work on the Pacini cluster.
#4 Updated by Bilge Acun almost 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from Bilge Acun to Nitin Bhat
The newest version of the patch from Intel is here: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/#/c/2759/
Previous patches are abandoned.
Also, assigning the feature to Nitin who is doing the testing of the new patch.
#5 Updated by Nitin Bhat almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Implemented
- Target version changed from 6.9.0 to 6.8.1
The current patch shows decent performance improvements over the MPI build on both Stampede2 and Bridges.
This patch includes the use of a cache for the OFI machine specific metadata (OFIRequest) and a memory pool similar to the one used in the gni layer. However, since the performance improvements with the cache and the mempool weren't significant, I've disabled the use of the cache and mempool for now.
Results from the OFI layer patch:
1. Initial results with cache enabled and no mempool : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T7yNr_cObWqR7dgiN14hXyvv1dnwG-79quF4wGUIObg/edit?usp=sharing
2. Results comparing cache and no-cache implementations : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqursBrFjjIPJb7I1AYB8rBhWtevHR5CcA4ku4--Uo8/edit?usp=sharing
3. Results comparing mempool and no-mempool implementations : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wC089wF4ZWoAJINU9DFOQUhTGr2FXzdBaJbatE4ToAY/edit?usp=sharing