smp standalone inconsistency
If you run netlrts-smp standalone (without charmrun) +p determines the number of worker threads and +ppn is silently ignored.
For mpi-smp standalone (without mpiexec) +ppn determines the number of worker threads and +p is silently ignored.
For net-ibverbs-smp standalone either +p or +ppn are accepted, with +ppn taking precedence if both are present.
- Assignee set to Eric Bohm
Assigning to Eric since he is currently tasked to resolve all such inconsistencies.
- Assignee changed from Eric Bohm to Juan Galvez
The hwloc changes being worked on at Charmworks will presumably address these and other issues (if I'm not mistaken).
- Assignee changed from Juan Galvez to Evan Ramos
What is the desired behavior?
+ppn N, no +p -> N worker threads
+p N, no +ppn -> N worker threads
+ppn N +p N -> N worker threads
+ppn N +p M, M != N -> error
no +p or +ppn -> 1 worker thread
- Status changed from New to Implemented
- Target version set to 6.9.0
- Status changed from Implemented to Merged
Also available in: Atom