LRTS support for setting up a message to send and transmitting a GET handle
On platforms that use GET-based RDMA for large messages, there are various circumstances where it is useful to be able to set up a message for transmission, and get a handle that an eventual recipient can be told to retrieve. Use cases generally involved large messages. Interacting use cases include constrained receiver-side memory, and message delivery to migrated objects.
- Subject changed from LRTS support for setting up a message to send and transmitting a handle to LRTS support for setting up a message to send and transmitting a GET handle
- Target version set to 6.6.0
- Target version changed from 6.6.0 to 6.7.0
Not on the release radar, and no implementation on the horizon within the time remaining.
- Target version changed from 6.7.0 to 6.8.0
Looks like the code for #1234 essentially addresses this desire. Try it out in CharmLU, perhaps.
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Vipul Harsh
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
I think this issue is covered by the combination of the separate sender-side and receiver-side issues.
Also available in: Atom