Feature #574: Windws builds: don't pollute /usr/bin
Rename windows commands to not reference Windows NT
This is related to Feature #574. The commands unix2nt_* should be renamed to something else. My current suggestion is unix2ms_*
- Tracker changed from Bug to Cleanup
- Subject changed from Rename the windows commands to not reference Windows NT to Rename windows commands to not reference Windows NT
- Target version changed from 6.6.1 to 6.7.0
This doesn't really fit in with the goal of a pure bug-fix release. Deferred.
- Target version changed from 6.7.0 to 6.8.0
- Target version changed from 6.8.0 to 6.8.1
- Target version changed from 6.8.1 to 6.9.0
- Target version deleted (
Is this still an issue? If not, close it.
While the operating system as a whole no longer contains NT in its name, I believe the kernel is still called the "NT kernel", so keeping NT in the name is as valid as calling macOS "Darwin" or GNU/Linux "Linux".
- Status changed from New to Rejected
Seems like an unnecessary change, rejected (but feel free to over-ride if you have strong opinions on this...)
Also available in: Atom