communication aware load balancers fail on chare arrays that are not full
Shameless pasting from an email conversation with Jonathan <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
On your other email chain, you have discovered a bug in the communication-aware load balancing code, where the graph assumes that every edge will always have both nodes. This is obviously not true in the case of deletions and insertions (or even just periodic load balancing when the state may not be clearly defined)
- Assignee set to Jonathan Lifflander
Could we get the full context of that conversation, to allow others in the group to track this down? Or, if there's a test case that exercises it, we can work through it that way.
- Assignee changed from Jonathan Lifflander to Phil Miller
- Target version set to 6.6.1
I'll try to see that this gets looked into shortly.
- Assignee changed from Phil Miller to Harshitha Menon
- Status changed from New to Merged
Nicholas, would you mind giving the updated version of Charm++ a try with one of the affected LB strategies?
- Status changed from Merged to Closed
Also available in: Atom