charmc: Inconsistent handling of distinction between C and C++ linking
Some places in
charmc use the variable
OPTS_LD, others use
OPTS_LDXX, and some even use both! We need to either unify them, or systematically make sure both cases are covered everywhere that's appropriate.
- Assignee set to Nikhil Jain
- Target version set to 6.6.0
- Subject changed from charmc: Inconsistent handling of discintction between C and C++ linking to charmc: Inconsistent handling of distinction between C and C++ linking
- Target version changed from 6.6.0 to 6.7.0
- Assignee changed from Nikhil Jain to Cyril Bordage
- Status changed from New to Implemented
Variables OPTS_LDXX, CMK_CXX_OPTIMIZE and CMK_CXX_PRODUCTION removed.
Need to update documentation for "-ld++" and "-ld++-option".
- Assignee changed from Cyril Bordage to PPL
- Status changed from Implemented to In Progress
- Target version deleted (
- Tracker changed from Bug to Cleanup
- Assignee changed from PPL to Evan Ramos
- Target version set to 6.9.0
This issue description is solely about OPTS_LD(XX), while the linked patch also affects CMK_CXX_OPTIMIZE and CMK_CXX_PRODUCTION. Phil's comment on the patch suggests the latter two are out of scope of this issue.
If I updated the patch and also made it only about OPTS_LDXX, would that satisfy this issue?
- Status changed from In Progress to Implemented
- Status changed from Implemented to Merged
Also available in: Atom