ChaNGa deadlocks due to recent change to QD types
I'm getting a deadlock when running ChaNGa with recent versions of charm. "git bisect" says that the problem commit is:
QD: Convert to use more suitable types
Hence I suspect a race condition after moving from ints to CmiUInt8 for the QD counters.
Charm is built with:
./build ChaNGa gni-crayxc hugepages smp -j8 --with-production
using gcc 7.1.0.
I tried changeset 3844, and I still get the hang.
The problem goes away if I run with commit 8de6719c613f34a3d6b1baccb9aa4aa8f78c12db, the commit before 2897.
- Target version set to 6.9.0
K we can just revert that change for now then, since I'm not sure how that is causing a problem and it's an easy one to revert.
Could you provide the run command for ChaNGa that reproduces the deadlock? In case we want to pursue the datatype change in the future, we'll need to be able to run this case
Commit 6b1b6d708 fixes the problem.
- Assignee set to Sam White
- Status changed from New to Implemented
- Subject changed from Deadlock: possible race in QD to ChaNGa deadlocks due to recent change to QD types
- Status changed from Implemented to Merged
Also available in: Atom