Add an ampirun script as drop-in replacement for mpiexec
configure scripts of libraries often taken a '--with-mpiexec' option that lets you pass a different job launcher, but the number of processes passed to that is often hardcoded as "-n" which charmrun doesn't take. Supply an ampirun wrapper around charmrun that takes -n, -np, and -p alike.Options that we could support:
- -n|-np|-p: total number of ranks (recommended by MPI standard)
- --host: comma-separated list of hosts to run on (as in OpenMPI)
- --vr: Flag to toggle virtual ranks on (use only 1 process per host when this is on; do we need SMP mode for this?)
- --verbose: By default, pass ++quiet to charmrun. With this flag, do not pass ++quiet.
- Other flags recommended by the MPI standard (wdir etc.; maybe not necessary for the first version)
- make this script available as: ampirun, ampiexec, mpirun, mpiexec?
- Ideally, we should copy this to the application directory when compiling (instead of charmrun?)