Stampede test script fails during autobuild (verbs)
Testrun script used in autobuild uses charmrun that isn't allowed to run on a login node.
../../bin/testrun +p4 ./check 4 ++timeout 180 +isomalloc_sync
To access the system:
1) If not using ssh-keys, please enter your TACC password at the password prompt
2) At the TACC Token prompt, enter your 6-digit code followed by <return>.
Authenticated with partial success.
The fix would require modifying charmrun to support job submission (to a compute node) and then launching the executable with "./charmrun +p1 ++mpiexec ++remote-shell 'ibrun -o 0' ./executable".
#1 Updated by Nitin Bhat over 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Implemented
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Estimated time set to 2.00 h
Fixed the 'src/scripts/testrun' script used by verbs autobuild to run jobs on stampede.
Fix included modifying the script to submit a job and waiting for it until it completes or until it hangs. The script is similar to the charmrun used by the gni layer (gni/charmrun)
#4 Updated by Nitin Bhat over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
It was decided to not modify testrun (or charmrun) and keep it platform agnostic. The fix involved making changes to the instead_test.sh script that is used for launching Charm++ tests in nightly build runs on Stampede. The change has been committed in the autobuild repository. (https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/#/admin/projects/autobuild)