Projections summary shows 0s for EP Exec Time for a single core large ChaNGa job
EPExecTime has a large number of zeros.
To reproduce this issue:
1) Compile charm with enable-tracing.
./build ChaNGa netlrts-linux-x86_64 smp --enable-tracing --with-production -j4
2) After downloading ChaNGa, change its makefile to add -tracemode summary to LDFLAGS.
3) Point ChaNGa to charm
4) Compile ChaNGa
5) Place the input file ./snapshot1M.param in the same directory as ChaNGa. I've stored the input files (snapshot1M .param and .std) in /scratch/nitin/changa/inputFiles/ on charity).
6) Run changa on one core (with or without +sumDetail)
./charmrun +p1 ++ppn 1 ./ChaNGa -n 1 -p 2 -b 32 +bench +traceroot ./proj_summ_logs_32/ +sumDetail ./snapshot1M.param +pemap 1 +commap 0 > changa_output
7) Open the traceroot directory and try opening the ChaNGa.0.sum file and look at the EPExecTime row. (A lot of entry methods have their values as zero).
#3 Updated by Ronak Buch over 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- translation missing: en.field_closed_date set to 2017-02-14 12:32:09.798188
This is correct as far as I know, those EPs just didn't have attributable time. This was part of a bigger issue where Projections was using cached values that made analysis appear incorrect that was fixed.