AMPI should check for truncated messages
tests/ampi/mpich-test/pt2pt/trunc fails because AMPI doesn't check for truncation on recv at all right now.
Add a check for it and return MPI_ERR_TRUNCATE, probably in processMessage and the likes of it.
#1 Updated by Sam White over 2 years ago
- Assignee set to Sam White
- Status changed from New to Implemented
For now, just abort on recv'ing a message larger than the matching recvbuf from ampi::processMessage. the mpich-test/pt2pt/trunc test now aborts accordingly.
To implement full support for this we'd have to:
1. Make ampi::processMessage return MPI_SUCCESS or MPI_ERROR_TRUNCATE based on msg->length and recvbuf len.
2. Return the right errcode from blocking routines.
3. Set the 'MPI_ERROR' field in the status object passed in to all nonblocking communication completion routines (Test*, Wait*).
4. Expand the error handling in the completion routines to support MPI_ERR_IN_STATUS.