Feature #1173: Automatic process launching, thread spawning, and hardware binding
reject pemap/commap with duplicate or too few cpus
Running, e.g., "+p16 +pemap 1-15" or "+pemap 0-4,4-8" is almost certainly an error and should be rejected.
- Parent task set to #1173
- Start date deleted (
- Target version changed from 6.8.0 to 6.8.1
Validation of the old command lines should be reconsidered when the binding substrate changes to hwloc.
- Target version changed from 6.8.1 to 6.9.0
- Assignee set to Evan Ramos
The function responsible for parsing these parameters, search_pemap, is not amenable to quickly adding checks for these conditions.
- Status changed from New to Feedback
I'd say we can close this issue or push it off to a future release. The new ++oneWthPer* routines should obviate the need for pemaps and commaps for most users
- Target version deleted (
- Status changed from Feedback to New
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
Also available in: Atom